The Glaive is a three-edged throwing blade that acts as Hayden Tenno's primary weapon throughout the game. It can be thrown as a mid-ranged weapon but can also be used as a melee weapon and to execute brutal finishers against both weakened and distracted enemies.
- A Glaive is actually a polearm that was used in Europe and by the Mongols in the 13th century.
- It was inspired by the weapon of the same name from the movie Krull.
- The Glaive can be also found in the Digital Extreme's new game Warframe, including a skin that makes it look like Hayden's Glaive released in Warframe's 2nd anniversary.
- Sometime during the Orokin Empire's golden era, the Glaive was "primed" (re-crafted using Orokin technology and materials). Glaive Prime only appears in Warframe and can also equip the Proto-Glaive skin.
- Hayden throws his Glaive backwards in darkSector, with its bladed edges on the inside instead of outside, pointing away from his forearm. This was corrected for its Warframe version, where the blades point towards the forearm.